I have lost track of how many friends have told me I’d love podcasts. Listening to them, possibly even doing them.
Well, today I’m a believer.
I had no idea how fun it would be!
I had no idea how many times I’d say “like” on air!
We discussed so many things, including:
- Our favorite part of the book You Have Lipstick on Your Teeth
- The latest on my YA novel
- Something D.J. noticed at the Erma Bombeck conference (which we both attended)
- A book pitch we both heard that left him laughing–and speechless
- I read from my letter to my kids (who think their lives are really really hard)
- Childhood in the 70s/80s versus now, from fun to manners, kid-parent relationships, and goody bags
- I read from my book, Part of My World: Short Stories, and talked a bit about the book, itself
- How I get press coverage from online, cable, and network TV shows
- How to go from wanting to be a paid writer to getting paid to write, both freelance and books
- The story behind my YA novel–where the idea came from, how it changed the game for me
- How I network with other writers and bloggers
- How I made friends in an elevator that helped advance my writing career
- Conferences, taking chances, how to achieve your writing goals, getting your name out there, and more
Ready to hear my first podcast? CLICK HERE.
Our conversation begins around the 3-minute mark.
And once you’re done, please tell me below which podcasts you like to listen to–I’d love to check them out!