We laugh a lot in our house.
Mostly because my kids are insane, but that’s not what I’m talking about today.
Seriously: THEY ARE INSANE. Send help. Please?
They can be cranky or sad or mid-brawl over who got to be Player One on Wii last time, but if any of the following occur, they will immediately start laughing.
First comes the giggle.
Then the belly laugh, during which they fall over, usually on top of one another or somehow onto my neck.
Then, eventually, the screams that they are going to pee their pants.
It’s a good time.
1. The word “toilet,” for any reason. Particularly hilarious when used in song, or when substituted in a common catch-phrase, such as “Let’s rock and TOILET! HA! HA! HA! HA!”
2. The back of the Cheez-It box. My kids get into a passionate debate over which is funnier: the moustached cheese or the one with a binky. Thoughts?
3. Burps. (Obviously)
4. Farts. (Duh)
5. Butts. The word “butt.” Anything that even remotely resembles a butt.
6. Those TV commercials with the little screaming pink pig on a skateboard/zipline, talking M&Ms, or Marvin Marvin slapping himself in the face.
7. Knock-knock jokes. Especially the awful nonsensical ones they make up with random words in them and say over and over again until I want to bang my head against a wall to make the sound stop.
8. Spongebob Squarepants. Well, actually Patrick Star. That dude (crustacean? echinoderm?) is a bag of doofusy amusement.
What makes your kids laugh every time?