In case you haven’t heard, Bear Grylls has been fired from his Man vs Wild TV gig by The Discovery Channel.
This makes me think that someone at Discovery must be a stone-cold fool.
I laugh to myself, imagining their “contract dispute” being that TDC asked him to do something even he draws the line at.
Which makes me wonder: What the Mother Loving Heck could someone ask a man who has given himself a bird-poo-infested seawater enema while sitting on a tiny raft on television draw the line at?
Nevermind. I don’t wanna know.
I have me some mad Bear Grylls love.
I looked to him for advice in my post What Would Bear Grylls Do? during a visit to a public shower.
I wrote a BlinkBook about how we can use Bear Grylls’ survival tips in our task of raising children:
(click image below to view)
Joking aside (for 4 seconds), I’m totally bummed that Man vs Wild with Bear is cancelled. It was a steady piece of awesome on TV, and it will be sorely missed.
What makes Man vs Wild so frickin’ awesome & why YOU should be watching it, too:
1. It’s a show Husband and I can always agree on, when there’s little TV we ever agree on.
2. It’s beautiful to look at, both because of the cinematography in amazing locations, and because Bear ain’t too tough on the peepers.
3. It’s funny one minute, then educational the next.
4. You never know when you’ll be stranded in a remote jungle with only a knife, a rain slicker and plastic bottle, so the tips he hands out could actually come to practical use some day. Maybe. You never know.
5. Bear Grylls not only proved to the world that Jake Gyllenhaal is a Bad-Ass, but got him to take his clothes off while doing so. This sits very well with me.
6. Here’s a guy who is happily married with kids, and is so confident in his abilities that he does crazy dangerous shizz on TV on a regular basis. Confidence is awesome, so is someone who has traveled the world but never forgets where his home and his heart is.
I’m gonna miss my Man vs Wild fix, and will take in all the old episodes online as homage to the work he has done so far.
And because I love to watch hot guys fall out of tiny aircraft.
Bear Grylls may have been canned & will harder to find now, but he’ll always have a place in my heart for being the craziest, coolest sonofabee I’ve ever see drink his own piss.
Rock on, BG. Rock on.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~